Friary Walks activity header

Friary Walks, Pantasaph

Friary Walks
The gardens of the Friary complex were made in 1875 – 1879. On the wooded hill behind the complex is a 19th Century zig-zag path that links the landscaped ‘stations of the cross’ (representing Christ’s journey to Calvary) leading to a large Calvary group on the top of the hill. This well made, gently sloping path which leads through the woods consist of 14 stations beautifully laid out in alcoves. From the top of the hill there are amazing views towards the Irish Sea.

website: go to Friary Walks website

tel: 01352711053

address: Franciscan Friary Monastery Road Pantasaph Holywell Flintshire CH8 8PE

on the map: directions to Friary Walks

sunny day activity dog friendly activity child friendly activity wheel chair friendly activity free activity

activity suitability key
St David’s Church and the Friary complex activity header

St David’s Church and the Friary complex, Pantasaph

St David’s Church and the Friary complex
St David’s Church which was built in 1846 was donated to the Roman Catholic Church. It was accepted by the Friars Minor Capuchin and opened in 1852. A beautiful church from the outside, St David's also has some stunning stained glass windows and statues. Following the consecration of St David’s church, the Friary was built between 1858 and 1879. The Friary is now a large Franciscan retreat centre called St Pios Peace centre. The whole complex which is named after Padre Pio (1887 – 1968)a friar priest, has been awarded Grade II* listed status.

website: go to St David’s Church and the Friary complex website

tel: 01352711053

address: Franciscan Friary Monastery Road Pantasaph Holywell Flintshire CH8 8PE

on the map: directions to St David’s Church and the Friary complex

rainy day activity child friendly activity wheel chair friendly activity free activity

St Pio’s café and gift shop activity header

St Pio’s café and gift shop, Pantasaph

St Pio’s café and gift shop
St Pio’s café and gift shop are located at the Franciscan Friary in Pantasaph. They are run by Franscican friars with volunteers and staff.The café, which is set in beautiful gardens, has ample parking, disabled access, free WIFI and seating both inside and out. St Pio's has a warm, welcoming atmosphere, with beautifully painted walls and an eclectic mix of seating and tables. The food is freshly made and sourced locally, with a good array of homemade cakes and fresh coffees on offer.The gift shop offers a selection of quality gifts and cards. website: go to St Pio’s café and gift shop website

tel: 01352714178

address: Franciscan Friary Monastery Road, In The Courtyard Adjacent To The St.Pio Peace Centre, Pantasaph CH8 8PE

on the map: directions to St Pio’s café and gift shop

rainy day activity child friendly activity wheel chair friendly activity

rainy day newsletter